Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Good and the Bad

The beginning of my week started out BAAADDD!!!! After dealing with tooth pain all weekend I knew I had to call the dentist. It was the last thing I needed this week so I put it off until Tuesday morning. By that point I felt like the throbbing in my face would eventually make all my hair fall out. If you are reading this and have had a tooth ache - you know what I am talking about. Things worked out great after that. Dr. Kowalski was able to see me that day at noon and what I assumed would happen - happened. He had to do an instant root canal procedure on me. The novocain felt like heaven (UNTIL IT WORE OFF AROUND 4:00). Needless to say I took my Hydrocodone which just made me groggy and Penicillin and started my route to recovery.
I was determined not to let this pain ruin a day Dave and I had planned for yesterday. The girls had a day off yesterday (not for the snow) for a teacher's workshop. So, I loaded up on Advil and we took off up to the Woodbury Ski Area for tubing. It was AWESOME!!!! We ignored the slight rain (which kept everyone else away). We were the only ones on the mountain!!!!!!! I can tell that I am turning into an old lady mamma because every time the girls went flying down the "expert hill" I would annoyingly tell them "BE CAREFUL - BE CAREFUL!" Well, guess who was the only one to flip (twice) on the "expert hill"??? You got it - it was ME! Well, thank God we had helmets because when my head hit the snow/ice TWICE - that did a number on the ol' root canal that the Advil had let me forget about for a few hours. It was so worth the pain - it was great!!!!!








1 comment:

Bill Wisk said...

Daughter, the older you get the nuttier you're getting. Didn't you think that since no one else was brave enough to be on the mountain, then maybe you all should be in front of a fireplace instead, but, great blog, you're getting very good.
Dad